|Kendriya Vidyalaya AFS Kumbhirgram a defense sector KV sponsored by 22 Wing AF was opened during session 1980-81. It is about 28 km from main town Silchar and located in the Air Force campus. Regular buses and Taxis are playing from Sadarghat Silchar to Kumbha and KV is adjacent to Paan Shop stoppage. Beautiful surrounding of Air force, tea gardens, and hill tops on the back side, pollution free environment obviously draw attention of visitors.|
|There are tital 768 students as on 30-04-16 and 45 posts of staff members sanctioned during session 2015-16. Part Time teachers are arranged against some vacant post as per directive of KVS. The KV is under the control of Assistant Commissioner KVS RO Silchar. Chairman VMC is the station commander of 22 Wing Air Force.|
As per KVS norms, the principal & teachers are highly qualified and experienced who constantly strive towards developing the personality of our children by exposing them to a variety of activities, apart from academics, in the field of music, sports, art, academic based co-curricular activity, exhibition, Scout & Guide, Excursion etc. at the school level.
- The Vidyalaya is putting in all efforts to achieve not only 100% result at both the board & home examination but also towards achieving merit at these exams.
- The Vidyalaya is run by KVS, an autonomous body under the ministry of HRD, Govt. of India, and it is managed by local management of Air Force.
- The Vidyalaya is one of the pace setting Kendriya Vidyalayas run in India & abroad by KVS, an autonomous body formed 1964 by ministry of Education, Govt. of India, New Delhi.
- Being affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, the vidyalaya prepares pupils for all India Secondary School Examination and All India Senior School Certificate Examination.
|Principal||A real leader of initiative speed, organization with compassion and functioning dedicated to growth.|
|Teacher Faculty||Talented, trained, qualified teachers drawn from different part of our country, dedicate their expertise to the aspiration of the children and their parents.|
|Session||The academic session is from 1st April to 31st March of the next year.|
|Medium||The instruction is imparted through the medium of Hindi and English with an aim to enable the pupil to achieve proficiency in both the languages.|
|Examination||The Vidyalaya holds the following tests and examination:(1) F A-1, July.(2) F A 2 April to September
(3) SA-1- September(4) F A-3 November(5) F A-4 October.-March
(6) S A-2 March
Evaluation of the students of classes 1 and 2 is continuous and comprehensive with no test/exam for them
|Celebration||We celebrate with immense joy and enthusiasm, all national festivals viz. Independence Day, Republic Day etc.|
The Vidyalaya is having spacious class rooms, labs, Activity Room, CMP Room, library, and playground. The school is marching towards the excellence under the guidance of the Principal with an active support group of VMC, PTA & highly committed staff of 45 members. The present strength of students is more than 802.